Soundproof Windows – Staten Island New York
Improve Your Quality Of Life With Soundproof Windows
When you install replacement windows in your home or business, you want to do more than make the place look better. You want to improve your quality of life. That can come by way of added comfort, decreased energy bills, and in another way many do not consider: by reducing outside noise.
The Men With Tools specialize in the installation of soundproof windows, which can enhance your quality of life by making your home or business an oasis from the world. Think about it: great looking modern windows that not only make your home look better, but that do a better job of keeping out the noise of traffic, nearby places of business, noisy parks, and more.
If you are in the Staten Island or New Jersey area, read on to find out how the Men With Tools can help improve your quality of life with our soundproof window installation services.
Facts About Soundproof Windows
Before we get into the details of soundproof windows, first let’s outline some basic facts about soundproofing:
- Studies show that living in a noisy environment contributes to stress and illness
- Up to 90% of exterior noise comes in from windows and doors
- Conventional windows are not designed to block out sound
- Conventional windows will let in more exterior sound as they get older
- Dual pane or double-hung windows provide very little sound-stopping power
- Look for STC ratings. The average window is between 25-30
- Soundproof windows can have STC ratings as high as 45-50+
How Do They Work?
You can’t soundproof your windows simply by using thicker glass. Soundproof window technology actually works based on some fairly intricate science. Here are the basics of how they work:
- They are essentially a second set of windows that accompany the first
- Laminated glass with PVB plastic helps stop sound vibrations
- Increased air space between the two sets of windows absorbs noise
- A tighter fit helps prevent noise leakage
- Spring-loaded seals cut back vibration, and in turn, noise
- Thicker glass helps retard sound intrusion
Improved Quality of Life
Soundproof windows are designed to make your life better. It’s that simple. Using state-of-the-art window technology, when installed by experienced contractors these windows can dramatically reduce the amount of outside noise that enters your home. Blocking just 30 dBs (decibels), or the amount blocked by good soundproof windows, can eliminate over 87% of the noise from outside.
What does that mean? It means you will sleep better, especially in urban settings. It means more peace and quiet. It means enhanced privacy for you and your family. It means that nearby park or business or roadway will no longer interrupt the quiet moments of your life. And that is priceless.
- Block 80%+ of outside noise
- Available in attractive styles and designs
- Made of long-lasting materials
- Boosts your energy efficiency, too
Contact the Men With Tools For Soundproof Windows Today
If you are interested in having soundproof windows installed in your home or place of business, you’ll want to reach out to the Men With Tools. We are a home improvement contractor specializing in soundproof window installations.
To request a free estimate, contact The Men With Tools today at 347-815-4151 or by using our online contact form. We’ll get back to you that same day, then we can start the process of giving your life some much-needed peace and quiet!