In many ways, having hardwood floors is much easier than having carpet, linoleum, and other types of flooring. Other types of flooring require deeper cleaning to get out embedded debris, dander, odors and more. They wear out faster and need to be replaced much sooner. They show their age faster, too, and unlike hardwood floors they tend to come in and out of style.
Hardwood floors, on the other hand, are relatively easy to maintain. Some light sweeping or vacuuming takes care of most debris. The occasional cleaning helps with the worst of it. And maybe every now and then you’ll use some wood floor polish to help extend the life of your floor’s shine.
If you have hardwood floors, consider making this part of your routine:
- Vacuum weekly; dust grinds into your floor and wears out the shine
- Be careful with furniture polish, hairspray and other chemicals; they can cloud your floor’s finish
- Don’t let water sit; it can warp your floor
- Use area rugs in high-traffic areas; this will extend your floor’s lifespan
- Be careful with finishes and hardwood floor polish; not all types are made for all types of floors!
Those are the basics. If you have residential hardwood floors or commercial hardwood floors, chances are you already do at least some of that. But what happens when that maintenance is no longer enough? What do you do when your wood floor has lost its luster? Is a new coat of wood floor polish enough? Probably not. It may mean it’s time to consider having your hardwood floors refinished.
What Is Hardwood Floor Refinishing?
Hardwood floor refinishing is a process by which your floor is cleaned, imperfections like scratches and scuffs are fixed, and the top protective coating of your floor is re-applied. The process restores your floor’s like-new look in a way that wood floor polish alone can’t do.
Traditionally, hardwood floor refinishing with oil-based finishes has been a big project that could take a week or longer to complete. In fact, that’s still how most refinishers work.
Not at The Men With Tools. We’re different: rather than putting you out of home or office for a week, we can have you back on your gorgeous “new” floors in as little as one day with our premium service, guaranteed! The advantages of our groundbreaking new service are many:
- Restore your floor’s like-new look
- More durable than traditional refinishes
- Safe and non-toxic, with no odors!
- No need to break out the wood floor polish every week
Getting started is easy. Simply click below to schedule an on-site inspection of your floor. We can tell you if your floor is suitable for our service – most floors are, but in some extreme cases refinishing may not be possible – and provide you with a FREE estimate right there on site.
Come Discover The The Men With Tools Difference!